We are now accepting applications from eligible archive services.
To apply an archive service must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a collection that meets the definition of an archive
- Meet or exceed the required size of collections
- Offer some access to archive services beyond the members of the governing body
- Be managed by competent staff with access to relevant professional expertise
- Be equipped with dedicated secure storage for records
- Repositories of solely digitised analogue materials are not eligible for this Accreditation Scheme
Any archive service that is intending to apply for Archive Service Accreditation are advised to contact their assessor body in the first instance.
See our web pages for futher information about Archive Service Accreditation.
The archives sector in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland is represented in the partnership which developed the scheme and supports its implementation: